PC Health Check App says my computer is compatible for Windows 11, but Windows update says it is not

Anonymous
2021-10-05T15:52:45+00:00

PC health check tells me my computer is ready from win 11(after enabling tpm 2.0

when i go to windows update it tells me that it is not compatible. Why ?????

*original title:PC health check

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-10-06T03:59:17+00:00

The Windows update compatibility check runs a scheduled task that runs periodically compared to PC Health Check App which shows information in real-time. So, if you turned on a requirement like TPM recently, the status in Windows update would take a while to change, so give it a day or two. If you cannot wait, update manually using the steps below:

Check Windows 11 compatibility
https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/window...

Download Windows 11
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-downlo...

Use the Installation Assistant to Download Windows 11
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2171764

Alternatively, download an ISO file and Run Setup.exe to Start the Upgrade, using Windows 11 Media Creation Tool.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2156295

All steps, including MCT and Installation Assistant, are covered here:
https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/10/instal...

Hope that helps.

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

63 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T20:14:18+00:00

    Dear Microsoft,

    I would like to file a complaint about the support for the Kaby Lake 7700k processors for Windows 11.

    I would like to say I am very indignant to the Microsoft's approach in this case. I would like the company to take this matter further and include these processors in the supported ones. Not only it is capable of running it, also has working TPM 2.0 in my case, as it was marked verified in the pc health checker app. Also this specific processor is even better in performance in some cases, than the newer generation ones. Thank you for your attention.

    best regards,

    Adam F.

    PS pc built 4 years ago (2017) - somewhat still NEW pc

    i7 7700k

    MSI z270 gaming m5

    gtx 1080ti

    16gb 3200mhz ddr4

    500gb nvme ssd and 3tb hdd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T18:18:52+00:00

    Hi,

    I am trying to up from Win10 to Win11. The Health App says that my PC meets the requirements.

    • If I use Window Update as normal, everything is fine until the PC reboots and attempt to install further. Then it fails and says "Attempt to write on Readonly Memory"
    • If I use the USB with Win Media Creation to boot, it says that my PC doesn't meet the requirements.
    • Finally I use the ISO file to install then when the PC reboots to install further, it fails and pop up "The installation failed in the FIrst Boot phase when en error during migrate data ops.

    Do you know how I can fix the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T18:10:07+00:00

    Tyvm I also was having this issue, and my pc is only a year old. i9-9900, 32 gigs of ram etc etc and it was telling me i needed a new pc.

    I just manually installed it after going to the link you provided

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T17:03:01+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue with my Microsoft Surface 2. PC health (see below) is stating that all is fine while when installing the processor is insufficient (see at bottom).

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments