Nice to see your issue is solved.
All users don't get 21H1 same time, but build 19042.1055 is latest available for 20H2.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Windows 10 Pro
Build 19041 release 191206-1406
I know the Windows 10 files are problematic. Windows updates occasionally install, but mostly don't. The package files are corrupted, according to Tweaking.com. I've had this happen before with other PCs/builds, and updating with the ISO file always solves the problem, until now.
After running through the initial set up, the system only gives me the option to install without keeping anything. Reason given is that Windows is installed in a non-standard directory. This, of course, is not the case, it's installed where it should be.
I would REALLY not want to go this route. It seems extreme and there must be a way to get this fixed. Yes, all files are backed up 2x. Yes I have a boot disc.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nice to see your issue is solved.
All users don't get 21H1 same time, but build 19042.1055 is latest available for 20H2.
I would wait to see if you receive 21H1 automatically via windows update. This is via an Enablement package and so is a small quick update. You may find you get further cumulative updates or select check for updates in Settings > Update and security.
There is no need to try a repair first (I don't think) if you want to try the Upgrade Assistant via
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to manually update to 21H1 then that is up to you. If it still doesn't work then you can go the repair route first by using the 20H2 ISO file.
Glad it worked out in the end by the way, or so far at least.
another note I would remove the email address from your screenshot.
Hi.
The problem has been resolved. I was able to edit the registry as directed above. This was very tricky. While I've edited the registry many times I never had to change permissions before making any change. And the warning that comes along with the info on the web was scary, actually. But I did it, and I'm back to where I need to be.
My laptop got the 21H1 automatically, but the other PC in the house and this one did not yet. I'll let it run its course.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I would wait to see if you receive 21H1 automatically via windows update. This is via an Enablement package and so is a small quick update. You may find you get further cumulative updates or select check for updates in Settings > Update and security.
There is no need to try a repair first (I don't think) if you want to try the Upgrade Assistant via
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to manually update to 21H1 then that is up to you. If it still doesn't work then you can go the repair route first by using the 20H2 ISO file.
Glad it worked out in the end by the way, or so far at least.
another note I would remove the email address from your screenshot.
Yes and no, I guess.
I got a lot of automatic updates, and now when I check for updates it states up to date. The weather is in the tray now (debatable if I like it, yes I can make it go away) but I didn't get the update for 21H1.
I did the mount, etc. and it appeared to be updating, but when I would check up it seemed to be stuck at 37%. When I came back later I saw it backed out. I'm not going to worry about that now. As long as it's updating and it at least started the update with me keeping my files I guess that's a good thing. If I can't get to 21H1 I'll come back.
Of course the system refused to upload the latest pic of Winver, but the current version listed is
20H2 (OS Build 19042.1055)
Is this correct???