Hi AbruptLazax -
Kindly select Upgrade PC. I'll provide you a link that has a video for the step by step process.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Thank you,
Jerico T.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I'm not able to update windows software, i have tried manual updating using Windows 10 update assistant but once I wanna install it tells me that i'm downgrading and that Windows has to delete all my files if i go ahead which is odd.
I have also tried w10-wuauserv.reg method as i saw it on the forum but didn't work as well.
I might have messed with the cmd prompt at some point but not sure if that is the reason behind the error and I don't know how to go back to point null to see if that's the case.
Please help..
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi AbruptLazax -
Kindly select Upgrade PC. I'll provide you a link that has a video for the step by step process.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Thank you,
Jerico T.
Hi Jerico,
Thanks for the response
When i run the tool and proceed it gives me 2 options, first one is: upgrade pc
and second is: In the tool, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO) for another PC > Next
Which one do i go for?
And what is the next step? as no details are shown in the link you sent me
Thank you
Hi AbruptLazax -
Thank you for your response. I see, you can still try to perform In-place Repair even if your windows is not yet activated. For the 2nd step, you don't have to create a bootable driver such as USB flash drive or DVD since you can still boot your computer normally, just download the ISO file then save it on your desktop and run it.
Regards,
Jerico T.
Hi Jerico,
Thanks for the reply,
I have already tried the first two steps with no avail.
For the ISO file, I currently have windows 10 home but not activated but it says on the link you sent the following: Make sure you have a license to install Windows 10.
So am i good to go ahead if i still wanna work on the non-activated version of windows?
Also the second step on the same link says the following: In the tool, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO) for another PC > Next.
Does this mean i have to install the ISO file on another pc as I dont have another one, or can I just use a usb?
Thank you
Hi AbruptLazax -
I'm Jerico T., one of the Independent Advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand that you're having some issues right now, let us sort things out.
This usually occurs when windows update services are not running properly on your computer. Please try to perform the troubleshooting methods below and check if any of the resolves fixes the issue.
Method 1: Run the troubleshooter (Disregard if already done)
Method 2: Reset Windows Update Components
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
If method 1 and 2 did not work, please proceed to method 3.
Method 3: In-Place Repair
To start we need to download an ISO file of Windows 10 and save it to your computer. Please follow the instruction on the link below to create an ISO file
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402819...
After the ISO is created, follow the instructions on the link below created by PaulSey, Microsoft Agent, on how to perform repair install on your computer.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
This process will take some time to complete so you need to be very patient in waiting until the process completes. Once done , restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Feel free to reach back if you need any further assistance.
Hope this help. Have a good day.
Thank you.
Jerico T.
Independent Advisor