Blue screen twice in one day

Anonymous
2021-07-18T08:33:51+00:00

I'm having another issue like I did earlier this year. Over the past few days I have been having bluescreens. Finally today I had two different ones (With different messages) within about 2 hours of each other and I began to freak out.

The first bluescreen (That I didn't manage to get a picture of) was an attempt to write to read-only memory

The second (which has a picture in the minidump folder below) was a "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" And I have no idea what that even means.

I have included the memory dump from the first (Just called memory dump) and the second called "071821-13796-01.dmp"

Additionally I included a screenshot from the reliability history to show the time of both events. It also told me (Though this bit isn't in the picture) that all crashes so far have come the day after a windows update.

Possible additional symptoms:

Slow internet speed (But i'm not sure as others in the house are reporting it and their computers are fine, that's causing the minidump upload to be very slow regardless. If you don't mind I'll be posting this question first and adding the dump files when they finish uploading.)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T10:21:47+00:00

    It just opened the file for me so I can see what is inside of it. So I don't know how to run it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T10:08:51+00:00

    Hi Jude

    When you clicked the download button, that would have downloaded a zip file named mb_driver_542_w10_10.046.1231.2020, extract that file, and then double click the resulting file to install the driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T09:57:53+00:00

    Ok, I have it downloaded but unless I'm just not seeing it, I can't find an installer.

    I've always used automatic driver updaters in the past (Either through the device manager or something else) so I don't know how to install one manually. If it is simple can you explain it? If it is complicated can you link me to a source I can read?

    Sorry for this being harder than it really needs to be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-07-19T09:51:22+00:00

    Hi Jude

    That driver would be the latest version of the LAN driver on the support page below:

    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H310M-S2H-...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-19T09:48:17+00:00

    I don't remember what/where my PC's support page is. Is there a way to check?

    ...I've had this PC for years and forgot where I got it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments