My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen

Anonymous
2021-01-11T09:13:40+00:00

My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 (Intel 3i). Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app.  It is the same even when I use the web version. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-24T15:15:54+00:00

    Hi guys,

    Pls try changing the video render method in Zoom by following these steps:

    1. open “setting” then “video” page
    2. Click the “advanced” button
    3. Find the “video render method” option in the new page, switch to “direct3D9”
    4. Restart Zoom

    Then test if this works.

    It works with my machine. Thanks to Ryan D and Chen Blanca the service team at Zoom and Somchai Maneewong, technician at the Lenovo service team in BKK.

    Please also note that Lenovo service team has switched my WiFi card to intel 201AX during the troubleshooting process and do not switch it back, so I am not sure this is relevant or not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T05:28:23+00:00

    Hi Carlo,

    Thanks for your reply. I tried all the steps but same problem still. I can share screen and etc. However, when someone else shares screen, zoom will automatically quit unexpectedly immediately.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T06:02:10+00:00

    Yes, tried uninstalling and reinstalling earlier. Same issue. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T08:34:30+00:00

    I am using 20H2 build 19042.985

    Anyway, Pls try changing the video render method in Zoom by following these steps:

    1. open “setting” then “video” page
    2. Click the “advanced” button
    3. Find the “video render method” option in the new page, switch to “direct3D9”
    4. Restart Zoom

    Then test if this works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T09:58:53+00:00

    Good Day Chan427,

    My name is Carlo, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.

    I am also using Windows 10 pc. Let us work together to sort this out.

    Here's the steps you can try.

    Check for Zoom Updates

    Sign in to Zoom desktop client.

    Click your profile picture then click Check for Updates.

    If there are updates install them and restart your device after.

    If issue persist, you can check Windows Updates

    -Press Windows key + X

    -Go to Settings

    -Click Update and Security

    -Check for Updates and Download and install them to keep your device up to date.

    I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

    Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

    With Warm Regards,

    Carlo T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments