rightclick your desktop
refresh
worked for me
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How do I get rid of the green check marks on my desktop icons and photos in windows 10?
I must have done something, but I don't know what---today, when I went to my photos, there's these checkmarks on each photo--
I googled and can't seem to fix it---the word Drop Box comes up and I have no idea what that is--
Can someone help?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
rightclick your desktop
refresh
worked for me
Hello MaryWilliamsRN,
I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with green check marks on your icons on windows 10.
This indicates that those files are synchronized with Microsoft OneDrive
Look for OneDrive(Cloud) icon on the bottom right side of your taskbar (system tray)
Right click it then select Close OneDrive
Click Close OneDrive again
If it doesn't work, Safely restart your PC
Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.
Sincerely,
John DeV
Independent Advisor
Great! .. and thank you to Freeway!!
I hear ya! I don't know what happened they just showed up. I haven't had time to search into getting rid of them further. It was suggested I go to Norton which makes sense cause the showed up after one of their famous updates trying to sell me their back up service. I'll post my findings when I get a chance to focus just on that and not the other 1000 things I have to tend to.
You are welcome. Those aren't OneDrive which are pretty little circles. Keep us informed especially should Norton own up.