Windows Update Download error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2020-12-04T12:48:31+00:00

I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.

But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.

"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"

  • Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
  • Several time restart also could not fix.

Now how do I gonna fix that?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T18:00:31+00:00

    So what do I need to do fix this error?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T15:50:06+00:00

    I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.

    But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.

    "There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"

    • Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
    • Several time restart also could not fix.

    Now how do I gonna fix that?

    i can not update

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-25T16:07:45+00:00

    ¿Cómo se puede arreglar error 0x80070002 en PC con Windows 10 ? ¡ Pido ayuda!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T14:29:39+00:00

    Hello Subhajit,

    You're welcome. I'm happy to help.

    Take care,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T13:44:03+00:00

    If this could be resolved in the new updates in next week Patch Tuesday, then I can wait for that Patch. I do not want to reset my PC.

    I can also uninstall that update file from here, what is your opinion about that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments