DTS Sound Unbound Makes Audio Distorted

Anonymous
2020-10-06T21:14:57+00:00

When I enable DTS Sound Unbound (DTS Headphone X) the audio becomes distorted and the only fix is to disable the surround sound. I am using a Logitech G Pro X Headset.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-21T03:56:23+00:00

    I heavily recommend avoiding the MS Store update, I am unsure how you do this but the most recent MS Store update broke DTS support for me and some others entirely (forcing me to uninstall Logitech's drivers for it to work again)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-20T05:30:39+00:00

    Hello Skyblue10k,

    The only fix is the one that Wapour Wave stated. Open the DTS app and play the audio from "Explore Spacial Sound". Do not minimize DTS and just click out of it. Then right click on the audio icon in Windows and click on "Volume Mixer". Finally, click on the audio button below the DTS app to mute it. This is only a temporary fix and make sure to keep the DTS app open.  I have been using this fix for about a month now.

    Thanks,

    Darth Awesome12

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-20T03:48:08+00:00

    I see. Have you tried reaching out to the DTS Support?

    Hello. I just bought the dts sound unbound and it has the static everyone is talking about. I've looked everywhere on the web for feedback email for the product but xperia (the parent company) doesn't have any public email to send support messages back to them. The only support is a drop link in the app itself named "support" which directs the browser to a FAQ about sound unbound with no mention of the static in the sound. It's probably likely the engineering team doesn't even know there is feedback regarding a defect that causes static in the latest build.

    Another poster (near end of this thread) is correct that when you use sound unbound for Call of Duty MW that is sounds okay. But everything else like a DTS test audio file playing and normal bluray playing all have the static sound. Very dissapointing since most blu-ray uses DTS heavily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-20T03:43:58+00:00

    Hello. I just bought the dts sound unbound and it has the static everyone is talking about. I've looked everywhere on the web for feedback email for the product but xperia (the parent company) doesn't have any public email to send support messages back to them. The only support is a drop link in the app itself named "support" which directs the browser to a FAQ about sound unbound with no mention of the static in the sound. It's probably likely the engineering team doesn't even know there is feedback regarding a defect that causes static in the latest build.

    The above poster is correct that when you use sound unbound for Call of Duty MW that is sounds okay. But everything else like a DTS test audio file playing and normal bluray playing all have the static sound. Very dissapointing since most blu-ray uses DTS heavily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-05T13:07:13+00:00

    Hello Everyone,

    As of 12/5/20, the DTS Headphone X crackling problem does not happen anymore for me. I logged on this morning~~, and to my surprise, I did not have to use the workaround. Please let me know if this is only happening for me, or if everyone's problem is solved.~~

    Edit: Upon further inspection, it appears to only work if you have "Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War" open.

    Thanks, everyone for all of your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments