DTS Sound Unbound Makes Audio Distorted

Anonymous
2020-10-06T21:14:57+00:00

When I enable DTS Sound Unbound (DTS Headphone X) the audio becomes distorted and the only fix is to disable the surround sound. I am using a Logitech G Pro X Headset.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T15:41:08+00:00

    So this is it?

    They broken it and never tried to fix it?

    It's been more than 3 months? almost 4... Unbelivable.

    There has been an update from DTS in microsoft store but it didn't fix anything.

    Are we going to use the "temporary fix" for ever?

    Unbelivable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T15:03:05+00:00

    Hello Samzalahi,

    The only fix is the one that Wapour Wave stated. Open the DTS app and play the audio from "Explore Spacial Sound". Do not minimize DTS and just click out of it. Then right click on the audio icon in Windows and click on "Volume Mixer". Finally, click on the audio button below the DTS app to mute it. This is only a temporary fix and make sure to keep the DTS app open.

    As of now, DTS and Logitech have been notified, but they haven't taken any action. This form is the official Logitech feedback form. Fill this out to raise awareness.

    Thanks and have a good day!

    I will keep you updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-29T20:24:00+00:00

    How can I mute the DTS app? Im trying your fix and is not working for now.

    Thanks in advance

    Hey, just right clck on sound icon in task bar and open volume mixer. You will see all the app using audios, and then turn to 0 the volume of DTS app.

    This solution is temporary I hope they will update the app soon......

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-25T17:33:33+00:00

    The issue has been going on for 18 days now, I have a thread on Reddit about it here. I am fairly worried however as DTS said they are working on the issue at the very start via Twitter and nothings materialized, and haven't replied to my more recent emails yet. Logitech have been slow and quite concerning in their responses, I am also on the G Pro X and this issue appears to happening to anyone who updated to the latest version of DTS Sound Unbound who is also on certain Logitech headsets.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-21T13:44:13+00:00

    ANy fix for this???? same issue here

    oh my! I'm facing the same issue thought got issue with my g pro, how can we get assist on this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments