New Media Creation Tool for 2020

Anonymous
2020-10-23T06:51:30+00:00

I began a download for the Windows 10 Installation Media and all proceeded normally. It was about 70% when I checked it last time but when I came in now to look at it, it said something about more spaced needed. 

The usb drive (I'll call it a thumbdrive) has 16 Gigs on it and it warned before I started, all info would be wiped. I'm attempting to make an ISO file so I can use it for an In-place repair should I ever need it, so I clicked on the ISO instead of Flash Drive. Any idea as to why this failed to download to the usb drive properly?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-10-23T14:51:29+00:00

Finished successfully after so many long minutes. The last time around, I made a bootable usb right from the initial usb (ISO) and shall use this ISO perchance I need to do an In-place repair. 

I'm still stuck as to why this failed up the first time. Doesn't the Media Creation Tool automatically format the USB drive to an NTFS? It did the last time and I understood it would do the same this time around but didn't. 

I had to format the USB to the NTFS manually which I found kind of weird. What do you folks think? 

Hi Rubert,

To do a in place repair , you need to extract the iso file in place then access the installation folder then click on the setup installation and keep files and apps then follow the process. Tell me, do you know there are many media creation tool. for windows 10 2004 you mediatool2004 and for windows 10 20h2 you need mediacreationtool20H2. Go for the Mediacreationtool20H2

Leave a feedback

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-26T01:12:58+00:00

    We are done but thank you for coming in on this. I appreciate your helpful contribution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T12:51:23+00:00

    Well it does seem that first reply was warp drive. The last response waited for must have got stuck in the La Brea Tarpits!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T07:02:26+00:00

    Thanks for the quick reply. It was showing FAT so I formatted it to NTFS. Is that why it failed up because of the improper format?

    Also, I had downloaded the ISO file to this drive about a month and a half ago and it worked ok then. Any idea as to why it worked then and not this time?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T06:58:42+00:00

    Hello Rubert, sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I am independent advisor. So, I will do my best to help you.

    Is the usb stick formatted to fat32 or ntfs?

    To find out, go right-click on the USB drive in 'computer' and click on 'properties'

    You will be able to see if it is in fat32 or ntfs.

    To put it in ntfs, you must also right-click on the drive and select 'format' and choose an ntfs partition.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments