Iike my post said. Go to Administrative Tools click on Services then scroll down to window update then click Stop.
Do this first/prior to starting your Update. This approach worked for me.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Iike my post said. Go to Administrative Tools click on Services then scroll down to window update then click Stop.
Do this first/prior to starting your Update. This approach worked for me.
This what worked for me: Try restarting or stopping the Windows Update Service. To do this, follow the instructions below:
Go to Control Panel.
Click the left mouse button on the search box displayed in the Control Panel window.
Type in the search box: Administrative tools.
Click with the left mouse button or click on the Administrative Tools function.
Now double-click on the Services function.
You may be asked for an administrator account and password, in this case you will need to enter them.
In the displayed list you should look for Windows Update.
Right-click on the Windows Update service. From the menu that appears, click Stop. You can also select the Restart option.
Finally, restart your computer.
Go back to the Windows Update Service, left-click on it and select Start
What I did at this point was shut down my computer through power button and restart.... It took some time to undo the changes but then started. Thereon, I restarted with update procedure through settings menu. It again got stuck at 20 percent but then I could follow the control panel solution posted above.
same here. stuck at 20%, then jumps to 73%, then 100%, then it fails and wants me to retry. i've been through this loop three times now. in the afternoon i just couldn't use my pc because it wouldn't finish booting ("installing updates, please don't turn off"). error 0x8007000d. awesome. i guess folks at microsoft are working hard to fix this problem since october 2020, lol.
edit. deleted the contents of "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download", ran "wuauclt.exe /updatenow", started the update again. and guess what, it's stuck at 20% again, yay. after 10 minutes it's at 73% again. another 10 minutes, fail with error 0x8007000d.
edit2. rebooted again, deleted the download folder again, downloaded the update manually, installed it, result after 30 minutes of "work": the following updates were not installed: security update for windows (kb5004237). now what? is this gonna get fixed?
edit3. sfc scannow, dism scanhealth, virusscanner/graphics card uninstalled, update "medic" service, manual install, windows update troubleshooting (lol), reboots, and so on. everything fails.
edit4. this did the trick (german only, sorry):
in short, you need a few registry mods, then the inplace upgrade can be installed from an iso file.
I am in the same boat only i get a 'Failed to install" message after 10 minutes or so. I cleared the softdist folder and even downloaded the .msu and tried manually but nothing. I slows my computer every time I turn it on and try to do something to the point i have disabled the update service just so I can use it. And you expect people to use Win 11? lol! Fix it!