Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Anonymous
2020-10-29T01:34:05+00:00

I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-15T00:21:28+00:00

    Well thanthey can pay for my upgrades to have windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-01T09:10:25+00:00

    Check your Win version. It might not be the latest 20H2. I got the Update Assistant stuck at 99% too and the Update and Security telling me I am up to date. However I am still on the old version. I subsequently found that my Conexant HD audio driver was interfering with the update. After I uninstalled and deleted that, it worked. 

    As other poster mentioned in this thread, the cause was his graphics card. It's frustrating but guess we'll have to do our own investigative work and trial n error to resolve the problem. Microsoft sucks. ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T22:03:40+00:00

    Thanks that worked for me. From 20% to 67% and stuck again just go to services function stop start window update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T14:11:42+00:00

    Because Windows, as an OS GUI, has always been very graphics-card dependent. Back in my MSFT tech support days (Win 286 - 95), top question was always if user had a supported graphics card installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T02:51:43+00:00

    You're the genius of this group! Thanks for the great answer. Cheers ole boy

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments