I'm stucked at 18% but in the blue screen. I can't access the control panel. What I can do?
Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing
I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-04-09T14:37:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-04-30T09:31:11+00:00 Hi,
When having troubles with some update, install it manually, much more reliable. You can download it from here, I put the link to the kb5001330:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5001330
You probably want the "2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB5001330)" for "Windows 10, version 1903 and later", size "555,4 MB. Notice that when searching you can get reapeated results with different names, but at the end is the same MSU file.
Launch the installer, it also seems to stuck soon, let it to work, it then skips to the end and shows the restart dialog.
After, launch again the Windows Update to install the other ones, there should be no problems. There is another one related, optional to install, the kb5001391 one. This one also takes long, and after reaching 100%, it backs to 0% and installs again, it is rare but it ends installing fine. And if not, can always to download and install it manually just like the kb5001330.
-
Anonymous
2021-12-10T14:20:18+00:00 The fix MS wants you to do is to upgrade to W11.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-01T08:58:44+00:00 I had the update stuck at 61% initially. I believed it was partly due to my bios clock not keeping time correctly. Corrected that but still had to google for other fixes after it got stuck again. After numerous attempts and downloading the update assistant, it got to 99%. I couldn't get past 99% over 2 days until I uninstalled and deleted my Conexant HD audio driver. That did the trick... finally. There could be a whole host of reasons why updates get stuck. It's simply too frustrating and time consuming for me...I'm prepared to ditch Microsoft for Apple.
-
Anonymous
2021-03-16T15:49:18+00:00 not sure about you for me it just took a very long time, I just minimized the paged, walked away and came back later and it was almost finished. :)