Arrg!! Still no good. Blue screen again.
Setupact.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV3zhoWHQEcORnhN?e=9eXsfH
Setuperr.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV3zhoWHQEcORnhN?e=9eXsfH
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've been trying to update to the latest Win11pro 22h2 since last December. Not working well at all. It always gets to 98% and then "something happened" and it rolls it back to 21h2 as you see below. I've tried everything except to nuke the SDD and treat it like is was a new unit. Not really wanting to go that route.
I started just with the Windows update, no joy.
moved to the ISO, mounted and install, no joy.
turned off my Antivirus and tried above two methods again, no joy.
uninstalled my Antivirus and tired above two methods again, no joy.
I've been reading these forums and trying their ideas, no joy.
need a little help here I guess to move forward. I've pasted my machine info below and there are links to SETUPACT.log, SETUPAPI.LOG, and a screen shot of the error after a reboot from trying to install from ISO and it did its automatic roll back.
SETUPACT.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVcJuecXbkgIqPYG?e=NJ3zEk
SETUPAPI.LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVaWIlWpf14BL4l-?e=PWShbz
screen shot: https://1drv.ms/b/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVnCV9ccg2DCKH4d?e=2iqg8J
Device name JOES-DESKTOP-072019
Full device name
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 0201820E-6Bxx-47E5-9B71-xxxxxxx456F4
Product ID
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on 1/17/2022
OS build 22000.1281
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1281.0
Any help is appreciated,
JoeF
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Arrg!! Still no good. Blue screen again.
Setupact.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV3zhoWHQEcORnhN?e=9eXsfH
Setuperr.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV3zhoWHQEcORnhN?e=9eXsfH
Saltgrass:
Still looking. Kind of had to wait for the update to finish so I could get the info off the computer again.....
Can you run SetupDiag to see if it picks up all the log files correctly this time? It the tool works, the Logs.zip file will be created on your Desktop or in the Downloads folder.
If it doesn't work, pls upload SETUPAPI.LOG and the latest minidump.
Edit: And yes, a BIOS/UEFI update may be suggested. The 22H2 installations have been more successful with the latest firmware updates from what I've seen.
Please run:
https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/2198-bsod-posting-instructions.html https://www.elevenforum.com/t/bsod-posting-instructions.103/
(bat scripts by default prompt antivirus software and require manual overrides)
Post a share link into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive.
The SetupDiag ran this time. The file link is below.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV4SoH24k3pUr9yU?e=xqO09v
Here's a new link to the SetupMem.dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV-FAAZzFsPn7PlD?e=ParT2U