Trying to update to Windows11 22h2 but always fails even when trying to install fresh ISO

Anonymous
2023-02-14T15:21:30+00:00

I've been trying to update to the latest Win11pro 22h2 since last December. Not working well at all. It always gets to 98% and then "something happened" and it rolls it back to 21h2 as you see below. I've tried everything except to nuke the SDD and treat it like is was a new unit. Not really wanting to go that route.

I started just with the Windows update, no joy.

moved to the ISO, mounted and install, no joy.

turned off my Antivirus and tried above two methods again, no joy.

uninstalled my Antivirus and tired above two methods again, no joy.

I've been reading these forums and trying their ideas, no joy.

need a little help here I guess to move forward. I've pasted my machine info below and there are links to SETUPACT.log, SETUPAPI.LOG, and a screen shot of the error after a reboot from trying to install from ISO and it did its automatic roll back.

SETUPACT.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVcJuecXbkgIqPYG?e=NJ3zEk

SETUPAPI.LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVaWIlWpf14BL4l-?e=PWShbz

screen shot: https://1drv.ms/b/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVnCV9ccg2DCKH4d?e=2iqg8J

Device name JOES-DESKTOP-072019

Full device name

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

Device ID 0201820E-6Bxx-47E5-9B71-xxxxxxx456F4

Product ID

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎1/‎17/‎2022

OS build 22000.1281

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1281.0

Any help is appreciated,

JoeF

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-15T05:26:25+00:00

    Please run:

    1. the V2 log collector and post a share link into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive.

    https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/2198-bsod-posting-instructions.html https://www.elevenforum.com/t/bsod-posting-instructions.103/

    1. this bat script: upgrade failure info

    (bat scripts by default prompt antivirus software and require manual overrides)

    https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/353454d1638278360-batch-files-use-bsod-debugging-upgrade\_failure\_info.bat

    Post a share link into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-02-15T02:48:14+00:00

    Can you run SetupDiag to see if it picks up all the log files correctly this time? It the tool works, the Logs.zip file will be created on your Desktop or in the Downloads folder.

    If it doesn't work, pls upload SETUPAPI.LOG and the latest minidump.

    Edit: And yes, a BIOS/UEFI update may be suggested. The 22H2 installations have been more successful with the latest firmware updates from what I've seen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T21:00:15+00:00

    Saltgrass:

    Still looking. Kind of had to wait for the update to finish so I could get the info off the computer again.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T20:58:59+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T20:57:58+00:00

    No Bios updates found?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments