Trying to update to Windows11 22h2 but always fails even when trying to install fresh ISO

Anonymous
2023-02-14T15:21:30+00:00

I've been trying to update to the latest Win11pro 22h2 since last December. Not working well at all. It always gets to 98% and then "something happened" and it rolls it back to 21h2 as you see below. I've tried everything except to nuke the SDD and treat it like is was a new unit. Not really wanting to go that route.

I started just with the Windows update, no joy.

moved to the ISO, mounted and install, no joy.

turned off my Antivirus and tried above two methods again, no joy.

uninstalled my Antivirus and tired above two methods again, no joy.

I've been reading these forums and trying their ideas, no joy.

need a little help here I guess to move forward. I've pasted my machine info below and there are links to SETUPACT.log, SETUPAPI.LOG, and a screen shot of the error after a reboot from trying to install from ISO and it did its automatic roll back.

SETUPACT.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVcJuecXbkgIqPYG?e=NJ3zEk

SETUPAPI.LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVaWIlWpf14BL4l-?e=PWShbz

screen shot: https://1drv.ms/b/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVnCV9ccg2DCKH4d?e=2iqg8J

Device name JOES-DESKTOP-072019

Full device name

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

Device ID 0201820E-6Bxx-47E5-9B71-xxxxxxx456F4

Product ID

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎1/‎17/‎2022

OS build 22000.1281

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1281.0

Any help is appreciated,

JoeF

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-02-15T15:40:47+00:00

    Well, the new BIOS didn't do anything to help the Windows 11 update thing.

    Here's the Log.zip from the SetupDiag tool

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahWDIQyb1m4gyR76a?e=0FgQjV

    I've also deleted the Setupact.log and setuperr.log from both rollback and panther folders; so the next time those are created, they will be new.

    It's the old set of logs (and minidump) again. And no setupapi.dev.log in it.

    ***

    UpgradeStartTime = 2/14/2023 08:45:45 
    
    UpgradeEndTime = 2/14/2023 09:48:34
    

    ***

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-15T15:30:17+00:00

    Well, the new BIOS didn't do anything to help the Windows 11 update thing.

    Here's the Log.zip from the SetupDiag tool

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahWDIQyb1m4gyR76a?e=0FgQjV

    I've also deleted the Setupact.log and setuperr.log from both rollback and panther folders; so the next time those are created, they will be new.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-15T14:46:00+00:00

    Ok. I updated the MB BIOS/FW and now I'm having it try a Windows Update through the normal channels.

    It has found many more updates (probably to do with the BIOS update) so this is going to take a little bit.

    As far as the SetupDiag files: I will delete all the ones in the folder(s) now and then re-run the diagnostic tool.

    I will post those files (if needed) as soon as all these "other" updates get done.

    for the record: these other updates did not show up until I updated the BIOS. (for any of you reading this thread).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-02-15T13:34:50+00:00

    This is strange. SetupDiag picked up the older setupact.log.

    ***

    2023-02-14 08:45:45, Info MOUPG *************** SetupHost Logging Begin ***************

    ***

    Whereas the 2nd SetupAct.log you uploaded shows this timestamp.

    * * *

    2023-02-14 14:43:34, Info MOUPG *************** SetupHost Logging Begin ***************

    * * *

    Please see if you have the recent version of "setupmem.dmp" and "setupapi.dev.log" and upload them.

    * * *

    2023-02-14 09:49:20, Info IBSLIB Successfully converted crash dump to minidump C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp.

    * * *

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-15T13:22:46+00:00

    The SetupDiag ran this time. The file link is below.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV4SoH24k3pUr9yU?e=xqO09v

    Here's a new link to the SetupMem.dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahV-FAAZzFsPn7PlD?e=ParT2U

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments