Trying to update to Windows11 22h2 but always fails even when trying to install fresh ISO

Anonymous
2023-02-14T15:21:30+00:00

I've been trying to update to the latest Win11pro 22h2 since last December. Not working well at all. It always gets to 98% and then "something happened" and it rolls it back to 21h2 as you see below. I've tried everything except to nuke the SDD and treat it like is was a new unit. Not really wanting to go that route.

I started just with the Windows update, no joy.

moved to the ISO, mounted and install, no joy.

turned off my Antivirus and tried above two methods again, no joy.

uninstalled my Antivirus and tired above two methods again, no joy.

I've been reading these forums and trying their ideas, no joy.

need a little help here I guess to move forward. I've pasted my machine info below and there are links to SETUPACT.log, SETUPAPI.LOG, and a screen shot of the error after a reboot from trying to install from ISO and it did its automatic roll back.

SETUPACT.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVcJuecXbkgIqPYG?e=NJ3zEk

SETUPAPI.LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVaWIlWpf14BL4l-?e=PWShbz

screen shot: https://1drv.ms/b/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVnCV9ccg2DCKH4d?e=2iqg8J

Device name JOES-DESKTOP-072019

Full device name

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

Device ID 0201820E-6Bxx-47E5-9B71-xxxxxxx456F4

Product ID

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎1/‎17/‎2022

OS build 22000.1281

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1281.0

Any help is appreciated,

JoeF

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-02-14T17:19:48+00:00

    Joe,

    The log locations are mentioned in the following MS article. You may please check those locations manually:

    Log files that are created when you upgrade to a new version of Windows - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/log-files-that-are-created-when-you-upgrade-to-a-new-version-of-windows-9ec8aa31-0cc1-a0b2-2d98-e9c6714349b9

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T17:12:33+00:00

    Ramesh:

    > can not find a "panther\setupact.log" however there is a "setupact.log" file that I posted a link to in my first post.

    > also, I went back to the Microsoft download to get that log tool again and I noticed that it was for a Windows 10 application.

    > I'm on Windows 11pro now, just version 21H2 and not the 22H2 (also posted in my first post of information)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-02-14T17:05:56+00:00

    Joe,

    SetupDiag is an official Microsoft tool. Rest assured, it's safe.

    If you can upload Logs.zip that would be great. If not, upload panther\setupact.log. I believe more than one driver package is corrupt, but Setup stops at the first failure and the minidump will implicate only a single driver. So setupact.log is essential to resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T16:58:55+00:00

    Ramesh:

    Well I ran your "log" compiler and I saw the Command prompt gathering/scrolling through. It stopped and closed but I do not find this "Logs.zip" file anywhere on the PC. Hopefully I didn't just give you keys to my corvette. ;)

    If I find it, I will post it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-14T16:35:16+00:00

    Palcouk:

    > This is not a branded PC. I bought the parts to build this for a AutoCAD PC and I also program automation equipment from here.

    > I have tried to update all the induvidual drivers but it always comes back as "you have the most current drivers".

    Sumit D - VM:

    Setupmem.dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNnd0WJC5zahVpD0e50CW83E3me?e=b85fRy

    Thank you both for the quick replies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments