Thanks very much for an easy-to-follow fix. May I ask for clarification on what 'original password' is, and where I can find this before I follow your steps?
Thank you again!
.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Look no further if you are like me and have been stuck with leftover McAfee processes after running the uninstallers.
There are plenty of guides with canned answers from Microsoft that have done nothing but frustrate you; this is what you need to do.
This is a known solution for Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (Build 22621.1194). This should work on most supported Windows versions since Windows 7 with minor tweaks.
Disclaimer: My professional experience as a SysAdmin dates back to 2010, and my hobbyist experience dates back to 1998. I can only say that the solution below worked for me, and I will not be held liable if you mess up your computer. If you don't have a supplemental subscription Antivirus, I would not recommend removing the extra security.
Things You'll Need
Step 1 - Remove McAfee products from your computer using Windows
Step 2 - Reboot and Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection
It would be best if you didn't run any browsers while you have early launch anti-malware protection disabled. Navigating the wrong site could easily hijack your real antivirus and create more significant problems.
Step 3 - Run the MCPR Tool
Step 4 - Remove Dangling Services/Files (If Needed/Optional)
I can offer assistance if this doesn't work but don't expect a quick or accurate response for your situation. You may have a faster and more accurate response from McAfee Support. 🍻
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks very much for an easy-to-follow fix. May I ask for clarification on what 'original password' is, and where I can find this before I follow your steps?
Thank you again!
.
I KIND OF FIGURED THAT, ALOT OF THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE I WENT TO SCHOOL,I WENT TO SCHOOL WHEN THE 486 WAS THE TOP SYSTEM AT THE TIME
i see the 3 dots... and select uninstall a message pops up asking -do I want to let Mcafee make changes to my computer.
should i answer yes? if i say no it takes me out of the uninstall .
Following step 4 but can not locate the short name for McAfee Safe Connect Service. Short name is not showing under the properties tab. Any help woudl be appreciated please.
Thank-you! rid of McAfee finally! (worse than some viruses!)