MediaTek MT7921 Wireless Lan Driver for Windows 11 update

Anonymous
2023-02-18T23:04:28+00:00

People with this card probably experience disconnection and disappearance of wifi emblems on windows 11, and this is a software problem, yet there is only lenovo that has posted the new version of the software: https://support.lenovo.com/ht/fr/downloads/ds552327-mediatek-mt7921-wireless-lan-driver-for-windows-10-version-2004-or-later-thinkpad-l14-gen-2-types-20x5-20x6-l15-gen-2-types-20x7-20x8, why microsoft and other organizations have not done the same?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-31T22:20:00+00:00

    I have the same problem on my ASUS Flow X13 with MediaTek MT7922 on Windows 11.
    From time to time and randomly (every few days), I lose connectivity to Wifi, and I see this error

    I've got installed every update of the driver, and non of them fixed my issue. It seems it start working randomly after a while until it stop again a few days later. So far updated to latest version of the driver and the problem is still there: Device not started (mtkwlex)

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-31T14:17:17+00:00

    People with this card probably experience disconnection and disappearance of wifi emblems on windows 11, and this is a software problem, yet there is only lenovo that has posted the new version of the software: https://support.lenovo.com/ht/fr/downloads/ds552327-mediatek-mt7921-wireless-lan-driver-for-windows-10-version-2004-or-later-thinkpad-l14-gen-2-types-20x5-20x6-l15-gen-2-types-20x7-20x8, why microsoft and other organizations have not done the same?

    Hi , as of now the updated drivers for other vendors are also available . Here in this link i found one for asus https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/drivers-amd-mediatek-wifi-bluetooth/td-p/857576 . I think this one should work for laptops of all vendors having the same issue. I was having the same issue for a few weeks which seems to have been fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T13:55:12+00:00

    Mediatek MT7921 just another issue with my Lenovo laptop. I had trouble with the Realtek card as well. Sent it in to repair under warranty and they replaced with the Mediatek. Now the Mediatek card is posting error reports in Windows and the network troubleshooter indicates a potential problem but not specific. I just feel PC makers use cheaper quality Wifi cards in some laptops to save money. But I have also noticed a lot more WiFi issues as we transition into multiple bands for WiFi. Seems like everything either uses WIFI or Bluetooth. I would bet you can look up any wireless hardware and find complaints about connections.

    The other issue is that many laptops have whitelisted hardware in bios so you may be limited to certain hardware. You can't always just replace a WiFi card with another brand and expect it to work. I am considering a external USB WiFi adaptor to use until my warranty is up and then trading off this laptop for something better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T00:33:47+00:00

    I have an ASUS ROG as well and have had this issue for months. Were you able to find a solution? If so, greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T11:29:27+00:00

    Same problem with an Asus Rog and this wifi card...

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments