Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)

Anonymous
2023-03-12T00:36:38+00:00

Hello

I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.

While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.

But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)

Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.

But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.

I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.

I've so far tried

-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.

-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.

-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))

-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)

I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.

I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.

My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.

System Information:

Win11 Pro

Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Processor: Intel i9-9900K

Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

32GB RAM

need more infos?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T11:22:42+00:00

    Same for me, this resolved my issue issue running Windows 11. Adjusting the  Sample rate to 48000 and Buffer size to 512.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-02T17:36:06+00:00

    This worked for me too on the scarlet 2i2 solo. thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T03:12:44+00:00

    I’m having the same issue and it’s incredibly aggravating especially with decent pc

    Focus rite 18i8

    Windows 11

    I9k

    64 gig ddr4

    Rtx3090

    I will get weird clicks and audio drop outs here and there. There is nothing else running. These computers are beasts these days compared to what we used 10-15 years ago.

    We should not be dealing with rudimentary audio issues. I wish focus rite would make a sound source override to block what ever the hell is going on. Or Microsoft stop messing around with all this bs we do not need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T18:59:15+00:00

    How did you make out with this ?

    Does anyone know if 4th gen focusrite work with windows 11?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T17:39:29+00:00

    I was able to fix it and its been great for months now.

    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (4th Gen)

    Win11 Pro

    Mainboard: MSI with 32GB RAM

    NVidia 4600Ti display.

    ***THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME***

    Scarlett device settings - I set Sample rate to 48000 and buffer size 152.

    I alos use an app called Yousician and I set the Sample reate to 48000 as well.

    System is working greate as soon as I made the changes.

    All thanks go to Icaro Dal Molin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments