There is now a new driver release for 4.119.3 that may improve your situation.
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/13070702714130-Focusrite-Windows-Driver-Release-Notes
Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)
Hello
I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.
While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.
But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.
I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)
Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.
But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.
I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.
I've so far tried
-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.
-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.
-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))
-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)
I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.
I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.
My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.
System Information:
Win11 Pro
Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Processor: Intel i9-9900K
Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
32GB RAM
need more infos?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-11-28T12:08:14+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-12-05T19:44:07+00:00 Resolved in my case.
I have resolved the issue by disabling the CPU Power Management in the bios.
------
I have the same issue on Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen. I think it appeared when I updated to Windows 11. Then I have gone back to 10, but the problem is still there. The sound gets distorted after I listen to soundcloud for like 1-2 hours. I have 2 more laptops with Windows 10 which do not have the issue. Also, the issue is not there if I try with different sound card (traktor 2).
-
Anonymous
2024-01-19T14:09:13+00:00 As my issue is related to multitasking, I believe I've identified a solution. In case the problem reoccurs, I'll provide an update here.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Navigate to "Hardware and Sound."
- Select "Sound."
- Under the "Playback Devices" tab, locate your audio device (e.g., Focusrite USB Audio).
- Right-click on your audio device and choose "Properties."
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Uncheck the box that says "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device."
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more