Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)

Anonymous
2023-03-12T00:36:38+00:00

Hello

I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.

While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.

But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)

Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.

But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.

I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.

I've so far tried

-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.

-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.

-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))

-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)

I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.

I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.

My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.

System Information:

Win11 Pro

Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Processor: Intel i9-9900K

Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

32GB RAM

need more infos?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-19T06:33:19+00:00

    Same issue here, audio suddenly starts lagging behind, system wide (windows sounds, browser, skype, video files, anything). I also noticed that now the interface turns off and on several times, like doing a reset. I'm using an Scarlett 2i2.

    I think this started since the last windows 11 update, please fix it, it's impossible to work like this, I'm a music producer.

    Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

    Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.6 GB utilizable)

    Device ID D6CD64D2-45FF-49DC-9F2F-8E7D78CCB202

    Product ID 00327-31074-18038-AAOEM

    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

    Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language

    Version 22H2

    Installed on ‎12/‎27/‎2022

    OS build 22621.1702

    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-20T19:17:18+00:00

    Same issues since I upgraded to 11! Why don't they respond? LOL

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-20T19:21:59+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-07T00:46:50+00:00

    I actually have the same exact issue, did it get fixed by any chance? I'm thinking about going back to windows 10 at this point..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T13:00:27+00:00

    Same issue here. Unplugging and re-plugging the USB connector on the back of the 2i2 fixes the problem, every time, within seconds. But it's happening about every 3-5 minutes so audio from 2i2 is worthless. Dell I7 notebook, Win 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments