Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)

Anonymous
2023-03-12T00:36:38+00:00

Hello

I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.

While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.

But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)

Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.

But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.

I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.

I've so far tried

-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.

-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.

-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))

-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)

I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.

I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.

My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.

System Information:

Win11 Pro

Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Processor: Intel i9-9900K

Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

32GB RAM

need more infos?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-22T17:19:52+00:00

    Having similar issues after updating Win 11 Pro to 4.116.9. windows drivers. The older 4.102.4 windows drivers work fine. My issue is the buffer seems to lose data every ~ 20 sec. causing crackling/dropouts etc. Basic audio aberrations. Here's my machine and OS details:

    Device name BOB-AMD2
    Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor 4.70 GHz
    Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
    Device ID ABC07D10-E5C8-4486-BE28-C2AD77BC26A5
    Product ID 00330-73755-98344-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

    Edition Windows 11 Pro
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎3/‎31/‎2023
    OS build 22621.2428
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0

    In the meantime, I've reverted back to the older 4.102.4 windows drivers... glad I save the installation files! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T03:15:35+00:00

    Not sure if it's the same issue, but I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo, hooked up to my HP Envy Windows 11 using Audacity, also have an input for my TV. Couldn't get the sound to playback through the headset. Yea, I had just tried to see if the other speakers for my tv or my laptop were working. When I chose the TV, the sound came through my headset. When I chose the laptop, the sound came through my TV and when I chose the focusrite, the sound came through the laptop. So, maybe the channels are screwy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T16:18:34+00:00

    I did two things to solve my Focusrite Solo connectivity problem. First and foremost, I replaced my new, beefy, USB cable with the one originally furnished by Focusrite. I don't know why, but it matters. Secondly, I stopped plugging my Solo into my Dell docking station. Now, I plug it directly into my Dell laptop. I've not had a connectivity problem since. Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T15:36:09+00:00

    I have a similar problem

    My Focusrite 2i4 2nd gen is connected to my Surface Pro 6 via a USB multihub.

    Audio playback is doing a weird crashing buzz sound randomly (kind of like when a DAW is exceeding the CPU capacity). I never had the issue before and it started last week.

    The weird thing is it doesn't do it with Ableton, but it does when I'm using Windows Media Player or YouTube.

    Help please, it's super annoying.

    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz

    RAM 8.00 GB

    OS 64 bits, processor x64

    Windows 11 Home

    Version 22H2

    Installed ‎10/‎02/‎2023

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-07T07:37:28+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    I use a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 second gen, and I have a custom pc with the following specs:

    Asus Z370i motherboard

    Intel 8700k cpu

    Nvidia 1060

    I've tried to update the drivers and its just really dumb. It doesn't make sense that this is a focusrite problem.

    PLEASE WINDOWS HELP US

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments