Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)

Anonymous
2023-03-12T00:36:38+00:00

Hello

I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.

While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.

But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)

Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.

But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.

I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.

I've so far tried

-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.

-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.

-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))

-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)

I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.

I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.

My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.

System Information:

Win11 Pro

Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Processor: Intel i9-9900K

Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

32GB RAM

need more infos?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T12:08:14+00:00

    There is now a new driver release for 4.119.3 that may improve your situation.
    https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/13070702714130-Focusrite-Windows-Driver-Release-Notes

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T11:39:53+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T16:02:51+00:00

    I have the same issue with my gen 1 2i4 and finally figured out solution that works with windows 11.

    Install the gen 3 driver (!), I installed this one:

    https://downloads.focusrite.com/focusrite/scarlett-3rd-gen/scarlett-2i2-3rd-gen

    The driver says 2i2 also... it's crazy I know.. I think gen 2 and higher have "control" software, and gen 1 has some other software that isn't quite compatible with windows 11, no idea why gen 3 driver is working for me.

    The control software says no device recognised though, but windows is cool with it.

    I did a quick write up here also: https://www.reddit.com/r/Focusrite/comments/17sx24l/focusrite_2i2_gen_1_windows_11/

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T12:45:03+00:00

    The same for me. Over time it develops latency/delay on my input audio. I use a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 3rd generation studio. I cant be sure for output, I use a different DAC/AMP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T15:02:13+00:00

    I have a Scarlett Solo 3rd generation, and I'm encountering the same issue. I had been using it for years on my old PC running Windows 10 without a single problem. I used it with headphones (1/4-inch jack) as my primary audio output and an XLR microphone input for everything, including gaming, chatting with friends on Discord, watching movies, listening to music, and browsing YouTube, all without any issues.

    However, when I purchased a new PC running Windows 11, I started experiencing a "buffering" problem. This issue usually occurs when I'm playing single-player games and simultaneously watching videos on my second monitor. The problem follows a consistent pattern not only on the video I'm watching but in the game on the same time: first, the audio stops; second, the video continues without sound for about 4 to 8 seconds; then the video freezes while the audio continues. Finally, when the audio catches up to the video, everything continues smoothly.

    This problem mainly occurs during gaming, but it can also happen when I'm multitasking and just browsing the web.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments