Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)

Anonymous
2023-03-12T00:36:38+00:00

Hello

I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.

While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.

But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)

Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.

But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.

I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.

I've so far tried

-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.

-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.

-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))

-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)

I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.

I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.

My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.

System Information:

Win11 Pro

Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Processor: Intel i9-9900K

Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

32GB RAM

need more infos?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-18T15:49:56+00:00

    I’ve discovered a definitive solution for my issue. When this problem was occurring, my streaming settings in the Scarlett device settings were set to Sample rate 192000 and buffer size 192. Now, I’ve adjusted them to Sample rate 48000 and buffer size 512, and I haven’t encountered a single issue in at least 5 months.

    I'll try to change those settings again and will update this post in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T08:11:49+00:00

    have the same problem with focusrite 2i2 2nd gen. On my laptop it works, on the desktop it doesnt. Starts cracking, make weird noise, if change the setting for sample rate or replug starts working again....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-05T18:51:15+00:00

    I have done a simple search and found this link with steps to alleviate some of the sound issues mentioned here.

    The following link will place you in the Focusrite support page, select Win 11 and follow the steps. I did, and my unit is working much better.

    Do analyze the steps and consider if there could be a conflict with other apps or system functions.

    Do it at your own risk.

    https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-Windows-for-Audio

    I hope this brings some relief to other folks with these sound issues.

    btw: I have not upgraded to Win 11 23H2 update version, I uninstalled it and am using Win 11 22H2...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T01:01:59+00:00

    This!! I have the exact problem , i have a scarlet solo gen 4 and i first thought that the new gen has issues, but no , my mic is alright , sometimes most of the time , but my headphones? NEVER after 5 minutes i get the loudest distorted noises ever , i change buffer size comes back to normal , after 5 minutes again same thing but my headphones have no issue , i thought i was crazy because i have a PSI of 400W, maybe that wasnt enough but i see others have the same thing , should i go back to windows 10?

    RTX 4060 Ti

    i5 13400F

    16 RAM

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T09:56:15+00:00

    Same issue why can't MS fix this in a years' time? I regret going to windows 11 no advantages at all over windows 10 only disadvantages... if it ain't broke don't fix it... Please fix this now MS! Both on 2i2 and Clarett 4 pre.

    Sometimes after waking system up with bluetooth mouse, sometimes randomly, sometimes after some weird BS like:

    Special privileges assigned to new logon.

    Subject:

    Security ID:		SYSTEM
    
    Account Name:		SYSTEM
    
    Account Domain:		NT AUTHORITY
    
    Logon ID:		0x3E7
    

    Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

    		SeTcbPrivilege
    
    		SeSecurityPrivilege
    
    		SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
    
    		SeLoadDriverPrivilege
    
    		SeBackupPrivilege
    
    		SeRestorePrivilege
    
    		SeDebugPrivilege
    
    		SeAuditPrivilege
    
    		SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
    
    		SeImpersonatePrivilege
    
    		SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege
    

    Event ID 4672 4624

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments