Same for me, this resolved my issue issue running Windows 11. Adjusting the Sample rate to 48000 and Buffer size to 512.
Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)
Hello
I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.
While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.
But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.
I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)
Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.
But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.
I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.
I've so far tried
-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.
-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.
-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))
-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)
I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.
I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.
My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.
System Information:
Win11 Pro
Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Processor: Intel i9-9900K
Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
32GB RAM
need more infos?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-09-13T11:22:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-09-12T22:49:47+00:00 This is 100% identical to how I encounter this problem. Same setup, and same scenario. Have netflix / youtube up on second monitor, playing game on main monitor, and randomly I get a cut out of all audio for a second. then it comes back with a 3-5 second delay.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-17T14:49:46+00:00 Everyone should submit a ticket to Focusrite to put pressure on them to fix this. I also have these issues in addition to windows 11 constantly BSOD. This only started happening after upgrading to windows 11. Focusrite needs to release a driver update.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-22T11:52:10+00:00 Yes, for me, adjusting the buffer size, sample rate and safe mode enabled in settings resolved the issue. I initially tried changing it to 96,000 and 256, which worked without issues for almost two weeks. However, the problem recurred, so I switched to 96,000 and 512, and it has been almost a month without any further issues.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-21T15:18:53+00:00 Is this problem still resolved for you? Changing Sample rate and\or Buffer zise does not reslove this isse for me.
Focusrite 2i2 4nd gen
Windows 11