The same for me. Over time it develops latency/delay on my input audio. I use a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 3rd generation studio. I cant be sure for output, I use a different DAC/AMP.
Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)
Hello
I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.
While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.
But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.
I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)
Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.
But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.
I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.
I've so far tried
-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.
-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.
-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))
-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)
I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.
I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.
My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.
System Information:
Win11 Pro
Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Processor: Intel i9-9900K
Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
32GB RAM
need more infos?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-11-02T12:45:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-10-24T15:02:13+00:00 I have a Scarlett Solo 3rd generation, and I'm encountering the same issue. I had been using it for years on my old PC running Windows 10 without a single problem. I used it with headphones (1/4-inch jack) as my primary audio output and an XLR microphone input for everything, including gaming, chatting with friends on Discord, watching movies, listening to music, and browsing YouTube, all without any issues.
However, when I purchased a new PC running Windows 11, I started experiencing a "buffering" problem. This issue usually occurs when I'm playing single-player games and simultaneously watching videos on my second monitor. The problem follows a consistent pattern not only on the video I'm watching but in the game on the same time: first, the audio stops; second, the video continues without sound for about 4 to 8 seconds; then the video freezes while the audio continues. Finally, when the audio catches up to the video, everything continues smoothly.
This problem mainly occurs during gaming, but it can also happen when I'm multitasking and just browsing the web.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-22T17:19:52+00:00 Having similar issues after updating Win 11 Pro to 4.116.9. windows drivers. The older 4.102.4 windows drivers work fine. My issue is the buffer seems to lose data every ~ 20 sec. causing crackling/dropouts etc. Basic audio aberrations. Here's my machine and OS details:
Device name BOB-AMD2
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor 4.70 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
Device ID ABC07D10-E5C8-4486-BE28-C2AD77BC26A5
Product ID 00330-73755-98344-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayEdition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on 3/31/2023
OS build 22621.2428
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0In the meantime, I've reverted back to the older 4.102.4 windows drivers... glad I save the installation files! :)
-
Anonymous
2023-10-14T03:15:35+00:00 Not sure if it's the same issue, but I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo, hooked up to my HP Envy Windows 11 using Audacity, also have an input for my TV. Couldn't get the sound to playback through the headset. Yea, I had just tried to see if the other speakers for my tv or my laptop were working. When I chose the TV, the sound came through my headset. When I chose the laptop, the sound came through my TV and when I chose the focusrite, the sound came through the laptop. So, maybe the channels are screwy.