No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?

Anonymous
2023-03-16T15:16:25+00:00

The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T11:24:23+00:00

    System restore worked for me - volume was completely restored. Problem is, immediately after the system restore, Windows is now bugging me to shut down and install updates. Naturally I'm worried the sound driver will disappear again after the update so I'm putting it off. Eventually though I'm going to have to switch off my laptop!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T12:39:31+00:00

    sound probleam after update

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T01:36:26+00:00

    Did a system restore and still nothing. Anyone know any fixes?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-18T02:33:39+00:00

    I too am having this same issue after the security update. Nothing fixed yet, I am trying to roll back the updates now

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T15:15:20+00:00

    Hi,

    I suggest that you try the headset with another device to confirm that it already faulty or try a different headset with your PC.

    Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments