Windows Setting crashes on display menu

Anonymous
2023-03-13T08:46:10+00:00

Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings, but only when it's windowed and not on maximized. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't changed anything.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0x12963a0f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x28E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D95527932D213C
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report ID: a832f8a6-1929-46ec-abbd-9a4ff62627aa
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have looked in to drivers that are installed and found this.

DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsystem: Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities. (Verified) Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Sat Feb 18 07:04:57 2023

The last timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys was on Sat Feb 18, so it have to be installed later...

This is my iGPU adapter I am using.

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Processor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-20T11:36:52+00:00

    Click on dismiss.. ignore the error..

    While developing device driver, some users will not concentrate on lsa packages .

    I too received same error.

    But don't worry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-20T12:02:46+00:00

    it worked, but how can Credential Guard not be licensed?

    Because some of those components are maybe uninstalled? is that a condition?

    PackageName: negoexts

    PackageName: kerberos

    PackageName: msv1_0

    PackageName: tspkg

    PackageName: pku2u

    PackageName: cloudap

    PackageName: wdigest

    PackageName: schannel

    PackageName: sfapm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-20T12:23:28+00:00

    Those remains in Microsoft-Windows-CodeIntegrity/Operational

    • Code Integrity will enable WHQL driver enforcement for this boot session.  Settings 0x0. Exemption 1.
    • Refreshed and activated Code Integrity policy {d2bda982-ccf6-4344-ac5b-0b44427b6816} Microsoft Windows Driver Policy. id 10.0.25211.0. Status 0x0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-20T13:21:40+00:00

    In every boot error messages will be logged. Because correct Device drivers will be created by machine developers and Windows os will be created by Microsoft. Both are not same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-20T22:21:08+00:00

    Out of what I discover a full framework can not be used out of a security issue. Seems ridicules to me. I do a lot of different things with my computer and that's why I having those issue over and over. Some software can be secure without a problem and others don't... and here we are.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments