Windows Setting crashes on display menu

Anonymous
2023-03-13T08:46:10+00:00

Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings, but only when it's windowed and not on maximized. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't changed anything.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0x12963a0f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x28E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D95527932D213C
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report ID: a832f8a6-1929-46ec-abbd-9a4ff62627aa
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have looked in to drivers that are installed and found this.

DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsystem: Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities. (Verified) Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Sat Feb 18 07:04:57 2023

The last timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys was on Sat Feb 18, so it have to be installed later...

This is my iGPU adapter I am using.

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Processor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-21T20:32:12+00:00

    Yeah... it makes sense. Sorry to miss lead you, but I have used Microsoft edge to login in to my Hotmail account. I can't find it in the task scheduler and there is no search function. :-/ I tried to delete my account from edge out of the settings form the application, but it is always coming back. I think it is because it is still in use in other processes, I keep thinking it's "Local Security Authority". I hate it so much because I never gave access to other applications than Microsoft Edge. If the new updates makes it more secure, I am not angry about it, but I want to do it with my user profile... not my Hotmail account like it did automatically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-05T15:35:09+00:00

    I have bought me a Gaming Display and picture quality is getting dizzy when HDR settings is ON so I turned it back OFF and settings keeps closing down. I had also turn off the LSA procces that are active but it didn't it wasn't that. So I turned it back on.

    I get that notification that there is Microsoft sign in problem and when I click on it it get the option in settings where I can choose where to install apps from. Very strange! I also removed every app that was installed later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-10T17:37:21+00:00

    Still looking... KB5026372 didn't solve it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-10T17:48:06+00:00
    1. Boot windows in to safe mode with networking. And recheck issues are happening.
    2. Uninstall exacting Intel GPU driver use DDU software.
    3. Try to update Intel GPU driver for 13th to the latest version,

    download from Intel website.

    4.Will you try to use , dism restorehealth command

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-15T08:43:29+00:00

    I did everything like you sad. These are my findings

    C:\Users[USER]>dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.22621.1

    Image Version: 10.0.22621.1702

    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

    Reboot and uninstall with the DDU soft.

    Reboot in to normal mode

    Intel Corporation - Display - 31.0.101.3959 found in windows update

    takes forever to download, get stuck on 10% downloading and windows update screen closes down.

    after a few minutes I got this message: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later. I didn't see anything that was installing. When I closed down my pc some application was running. It went fast, but I think I saw the 'Intel Driver and support assistant' logo was installed a long time ago. All updates are setup as manual. In my event log I see that windows edgeupdate service has stopped.

    When I open the Intel software I have one remaining installation.

    Intel® UHD Graphics 770

    • Driver DetailsUpdate available
    • ProviderIntel Corporation
    • Version31.0.101.3959
    • Date3/12/2022
    • Device Details
    • Adapter CompatibilityIntel Corporation
    • Video ProcessorIntel® UHD Graphics Family
    • Resolution3840 x 2160
    • Bits Per Pixel32
    • Number of Colors4294967296
    • Refresh Rate - Current120 Hz
    • Refresh Rate - Maximum144 Hz
    • Refresh Rate - Minimum50 Hz
    • Adapter DAC TypeInternal
    • AvailabilityRunning at full power
    • StatusThis device is working properly.
    • LocationPCI bus 0, device 2, function 0
    • Device IdPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A780&SUBSYS_7D911462&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10

    When I go to windows update, the installation 'Intel Corporation - Display - 31.0.101.3959' was successful installed.

    Display settings is still closing down.

    Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.1635, time stamp: 0x12963a0f

    Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c

    Exception code: 0x40000015

    Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c

    Faulting process ID: 0x0x3BE0

    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D987077D5E1310

    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll

    Report ID: d8e6dbd3-87c9-45e5-9242-488d135e497d

    Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

    Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments