Windows Setting crashes on display menu

Anonymous
2023-03-13T08:46:10+00:00

Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings, but only when it's windowed and not on maximized. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't changed anything.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0x12963a0f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x28E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D95527932D213C
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report ID: a832f8a6-1929-46ec-abbd-9a4ff62627aa
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have looked in to drivers that are installed and found this.

DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsystem: Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities. (Verified) Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Sat Feb 18 07:04:57 2023

The last timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys was on Sat Feb 18, so it have to be installed later...

This is my iGPU adapter I am using.

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Processor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-16T17:58:37+00:00

    Also, try to delete or disable tasks registered under the task scheduler application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T17:52:26+00:00

    Display is not the issue, permitted access is. My account has blocked complete advance to access my security settings. Now I can not config my computer to go forward.

    I don't have control over the dxg... But in fact i don't know if this is related. I got this input with no correlation to it. Only the date concerns me.

    Everything is up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-16T13:56:27+00:00

    The timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys is ‎22 ‎February ‎2023 09:25:11 AM.

    Also, try to delete or disable tasks registered under the task scheduler application.

    Are you using this monitor HP EliteDisplay E240c 23.8-inch Video Conferencing Monitor - Specifications | HP® Customer Support

    Did you installed this driver version 31.0.101.4146  from intel website

    Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T12:10:23+00:00

    Ps: I am living in Belgium, close next to you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T12:05:19+00:00

    I am getting a messages that there has been some problems with signing in and these are my options.

    Some algorithm decided what the options would be for me to still use my windows settings. Well I don't have time for this and you cutt off the support for my country, so I have to sit this thing out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments