Windows Setting crashes on display menu

Anonymous
2023-03-13T08:46:10+00:00

Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings, but only when it's windowed and not on maximized. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't changed anything.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0x12963a0f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x28E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D95527932D213C
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report ID: a832f8a6-1929-46ec-abbd-9a4ff62627aa
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have looked in to drivers that are installed and found this.

DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsystem: Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities. (Verified) Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Sat Feb 18 07:04:57 2023

The last timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys was on Sat Feb 18, so it have to be installed later...

This is my iGPU adapter I am using.

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Processor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-15T21:30:26+00:00

    Create new administrator account in windows and then try to sign in with Microsoft account

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-15T20:40:54+00:00

    I have notification that there are problems with signing in to my Microsoft account. I tried the online login, but it takes minutes and don't get in.

    Do I need to clear the tpm?

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-15T17:42:13+00:00

    Close all running applications.

    Download latest windows 11 iso file from Microsoft, extract iso, run setup application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-15T17:34:27+00:00

    Done! It's for sure problems with the screen, but not only the screen... also the mouse and keyboard jumpy returned. When I hover over my taskbar and start items it doesn't fasten anymore. My though is that the drivers/components getting registered failed. In my option this can not be a big problem to solve if the cause is treated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-15T12:50:57+00:00

    method 1

    Create a new system restore point and uninstall the Visual Studio application and restart Windows.

    Note < after uninstalling particular not all related are deleted. Some related files are frequently distributed while installing new applications.

    I may have doubts, after uninstalling VS application, this file msvcrt.dll. may not be deleted.

    Method 2

    1. Create a new system restore point,
    2. Download the generic Intel graphics driver version 31.0.101.4311 from below site https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/download/729157/776400/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windows.html
    3. Block the drivers are automatically downloading from Windows update, by adding a registry key with the cmd application

    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate /t REG_DWORD /d 1

    restart windows.

    1. Boot Windows into safe mode, and uninstall the existing Intel graphics driver only using DDU software.

    How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an... (intel.com)

    How to Totally Uninstall Nvidia, AMD or Intel Graphics Drivers | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

    1. Restart Windows to normal mode.
    2. Install the newly downloaded intel gpu driver version 31.0.101.4311 and restart Windows.

    Note some user's graphics issues are fixed by installing generic drivers made by Intel or AMD or Nvidia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments