Windows Setting crashes on display menu

Anonymous
2023-03-13T08:46:10+00:00

Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings, but only when it's windowed and not on maximized. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't changed anything.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0x12963a0f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x28E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D95527932D213C
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report ID: a832f8a6-1929-46ec-abbd-9a4ff62627aa
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have looked in to drivers that are installed and found this.

DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsystem: Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities. (Verified) Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Sat Feb 18 07:04:57 2023

The last timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys was on Sat Feb 18, so it have to be installed later...

This is my iGPU adapter I am using.

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Processor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-03-13T09:20:17+00:00

    Hello Daen,

    Good day! I'm John DeV a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    Please try the following methods below.

    **Restart Windows Explorer

    Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.

    Select the Processes tab.

    Scroll down and select Windows Explorer, Right click then select Restart.

    **Reset Settings app via PowerShell

    Open PowerShell as Administrator

    Copy and paste the command below then press Enter.

    Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

    Restart your computer

    **Open Device Manager

    Expand Display adapters

    Find the Graphics driver

    Right click it and select Update

    Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

    Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

    Make sure to put a check mark "Show compatible hardware"

    Select an older driver from the list

    Click Next then restart your computer

    If the issue still persists, Please try performing an In-place Upgrade. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while your personal files, settings and installed applications will not be removed.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    **Few things to check on the PC

    Unplug all external peripherals except for the Mouse, Keyboard, and LAN cable before starting

    Disable or uninstall any 3rd party Anti-Virus program to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments