Windows Setting crashes on display menu

Anonymous
2023-03-13T08:46:10+00:00

Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings, but only when it's windowed and not on maximized. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't changed anything.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0x12963a0f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x28E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D95527932D213C
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report ID: a832f8a6-1929-46ec-abbd-9a4ff62627aa
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have looked in to drivers that are installed and found this.

DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsystem: Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities. (Verified) Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Sat Feb 18 07:04:57 2023

The last timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys was on Sat Feb 18, so it have to be installed later...

This is my iGPU adapter I am using.

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Processor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-21T11:31:10+00:00

    [SOLVED] Windows settings crashes on display menu

    I logged in to an other user account on this computer and saw that there was no issue. So I knew the issue was within the user account. So I login back to the account where the problem existed and went to windows <settings, account, email & accounts>. There where two accounts imported by the edge browser. When I tried to manage the accounts in windows settings, one of the accounts didn't signed me automatically in the browser, the other one did.

    This pulled my attention, so I removed one of they accounts, but it didn't work. So I removed all the accounts from the email accounts and then I opened edge from the default apps. It seemed that the edge browser was reinitialized en went through a few steps. After that I login to the top right corner with my NEWEST ACCOUNT and think this is very imported, because the 20year old account had multiple warnings (issues) during login and that can enplane why I had issues with Devenv.exe in VS on other machines too. But I didn't tested it, so forgive me If I am wrong. My advice is if you have an old account like that, just deleted and create a new one.

    I have don this steps before, but now it did work back then. So I guess one of the updates did solved it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments