BSOD errors after upgrading CPU and RAM?

Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:40:03+00:00

So I upgraded my CPU and RAM last month, and after a week or so I started getting random bluescreens. It started with one random bsod when shutting down my pc (though it happened too quick for me to note the error codes, on Feb 20th), then my pc was fine for a while. About 1 week later, my pc would randomly shut down and give the 'paged fault in nonpaged area' bsod - once while idly on desktop, and once while playing Apex Legends (both on March 1st, and once more on the 2nd). I googled and ran WMDT which flagged a hardware error, so I replaced all my ram (4x8gb), which seemed to fix the WMDT errors and everything was fine for the past two weeks. Last night however, I had the familiar blue screen when I went to shutdown, idk if its the same error as that first time, but I did note down the code this time:

FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION

My hope is that its just a software error, but I'm naturally quite worried it could be a CPU or motherboard issue, and the CPU is dangerously close to the end of the refund window...

The only changes I made for my new components was to update the bios to latest version, turned on XMP for the ram, and updated chipset drivers.

I managed to find the .dmp files for each of the crashes, though the info given by WinDbg is completely alien to me, so I have no idea what I'm looking at.

This link has all of the .dmp files for the BSOD crashes I've had, only the most recent one (031523-15546-01.dmp) is from after RAM replacement: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlowieh6anh4m5z/CRASHES%20-%20Copy.zip?dl=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-03-17T16:29:49+00:00

    Hi Emma,

    Yes, that would delete the content of the drives.

    On the window where you see all the drives and partitions, you just need to select the SSD and click 'Next' to install Windows.

    Then when Windows is installed, you need to go into BIOS to set that drive as the primary boot device so your PC will boot form the SSD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T16:21:10+00:00

    Okay so just checking- deleting the drive partitions is what deletes the data? Then I leave the drives themselves alone, and choose one for install? How do I change the Boot Order?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-03-17T16:04:28+00:00

    Hi Emma

    Click this link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

    Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

    During the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue.

    At the start of the installation process you will be able to see the partitions on all drives, if you want to wipe the other drives, you can delete the partitions on those drives on that window

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T15:54:29+00:00

    Hi Dave,

    My SSD arrived early so its go time! I'm thinking it would be best for me to completely freshly install windows, get rid of *everything* on the off chance theres some viruses etc causing issues somewhere, better safe than sorry... So what is the best way to completely wipe data from all my drives and reinstall windows?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more