Hi guys I have the same problem with a dell laptop
Sony WH-1000XM5 mic stopped working after update to 22H2
A few days ago my Windows 11 updated to 22H2 and my Bluetooth Headphones (Sony WH-1000XM5) microphone isn't working anymore.
A few points to consider:
- Before the update, everything was working as expected
- Before the update, Windows (and apps like Teams or Discord) would show me 2 devices: Headphones (WH-1000 MX5 Stereo) and Headset (WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free Audio). Now it only shows Headphones (WH-1000 MX5).Note: Only the second option would work to use the microphone
- I have another computer with Windows 10 installed, and the above scenario applies to it. It shows the two options and the second one works for calls.
I already tried to forget the Bluetooth connection and pair it again.
I'm using Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1635.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-06-13T20:16:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-06-14T02:02:38+00:00 I am having the same issue with Dell laptop.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-06-23T18:29:15+00:00 I've also had the same issue for the past couple months on a Lenovo P1 Gen 5. Even though the "headphone" connection works well, the "headset" connection does not connect which is why the microphone is not available. Disconnecting the headset leaves a "Driver error" message on the bluetooth settings page.
I exchanged the computer for a new one, and for the first 2 weeks the headphones were able to intermittently connect to the "headset" connection. Reconnecting to the headset several times would eventually get it to connect. However starting this week I can't get it to connect to the "headset" connection no matter how many times I try to reconnect.
On top of the OP's steps, I have also tried downloading the latest driver from Lenovo's website and installing. The latest drivers are from 2021.
-
Anonymous
2023-07-03T10:06:09+00:00 I'm encountering the exact same issue, and also I can confirm that on Windows 10 or Android these headphones working properly. Sometimes the OS "has a good day" and everything working fine so headphones and headset are connected so the microphone is working, and the next day just the headphones are connected, without headset so microphone isn't working then. I've tried already updating drivers, without success.