I have had difficulty updating to that latest driver, as Windows keeps telling me that the latest driver is already installed. I even tried installing the 8854 in Safe Mode to avoid Driver Enforcement, but I suspect because it is a domain tied computer, that did not work. For the heck of it, I tried deleting the headphone Bluetooth profile, rebooting, and then re- pairing the headphones, and it fixed the problem! I am once again able to use the microphone on my WH-1000XM5 headphones on my Precision 5570 running 22H2 despite being stuck with the 10.29.0.8719 driver on the Intel Smart Sound app.
Sony WH-1000XM5 mic stopped working after update to 22H2
A few days ago my Windows 11 updated to 22H2 and my Bluetooth Headphones (Sony WH-1000XM5) microphone isn't working anymore.
A few points to consider:
- Before the update, everything was working as expected
- Before the update, Windows (and apps like Teams or Discord) would show me 2 devices: Headphones (WH-1000 MX5 Stereo) and Headset (WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free Audio). Now it only shows Headphones (WH-1000 MX5).Note: Only the second option would work to use the microphone
- I have another computer with Windows 10 installed, and the above scenario applies to it. It shows the two options and the second one works for calls.
I already tried to forget the Bluetooth connection and pair it again.
I'm using Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1635.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-08-18T22:02:09+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-07-04T00:21:53+00:00 Hi Guys,
I managed to fix mine by going to my laptop manufacturer website, in my case its https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ph/?app=products and I just input my laptop Service Tag and did an update there (using the recommended option there); it also asks me to install Support Assist something of dell. After downloading the updates, it asks me to restart my laptop for the updates to take effect. And voila, it's working now and hopefully keeps working in the future as well.
For anyone asking I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop running Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 22621.1848
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more