I have deleted the XBox apps completely but I am still bombarded with XBox GamePass Ads
Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?
I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-12-01T03:37:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-09-16T08:08:19+00:00 Thank you very much for your suggestion: I too, uninstalled everything to do with xbox, but found that changing the login screen was also necessary to stop the xbox ad popping on on logging in.
-
Anonymous
2023-09-10T05:48:39+00:00 In my system, there is no option to set it to "Off". It reads under "Lock screen notifications" that the App (Xbox Console Companion) "can show lock screen notifications". When I select the option to change those, I am transported to "Lock screen settings," where I can change nothing whatsoever.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-18T16:16:40+00:00 Agree - poor UX design on the developers and marketing team.
Not enjoyable and it's not a good experience.
-
Anonymous
2023-09-16T00:57:14+00:00 I did find that uninstalling the "XBox App" also removed the unwanted advertising, and I suspect it will be more effective for preventing future unwanted advertising. A reboot was required to change the login screen. Probably uninstalling the "Xbox Console Companion" people have mentioned would work as well if thats what you have.