Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-26T20:27:16+00:00

    Sorry to hear that. I don't have any other suggestions. I called the computer company and Microsoft for tech support, but they were no help. It sure worked for me. When I searched online, they told me it was caused from an update of windows back in November. I searched it and deleted it but that didn't help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-26T21:08:55+00:00

    Yeah, our problem occurred after my husband did a group of updates. One reason he waited to do them in a group was because he wanted to delay problems like this as long as possible. I was able to wheel the printer over to my computer and it was plug & play... but something obscure must have changed in the network settings. I wish Microsoft would look into it given the number of affected folks. I'm glad you've gotten yours to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-26T23:18:02+00:00

    I am sharing your pain. I actually connected straight to the printer with a USB cable; printer set up just fine. Disconnected the cable, and the printer says it's offline. So we've given up. If we need to print from that laptop, we'll bring the laptop into the other room and connect it to the USB cable

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T22:16:47+00:00

    I have the same problem as the original post. The remote computer can see the host computer and see the printer. It just won't connect to the printer. All the settings are set properly per other people's posts.

    It's a total mystery, and we don't care to try any further

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T14:43:31+00:00

    It seems like whatever is responsible of finding network devices sometimes gets bugged

    for me, trying to add the printer as a network path by right clicking on an empty spot in "This PC" and selecting "Add network path" finally got it unstuck, and I was able to add it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments