Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T02:48:13+00:00

    hi darrel,

    i have same problem earlier, cannot shared printer on windows 11, after 2 days finding solution but nothing work, n then i try to add password to shared printer computer, n its worked

    u can try too :

    try this on shared printer(printer server )

    1. go to network and sharing center, click change advanced sharing settings,
    2. on all networks section, checklist turn on password-protected sharing
    3. press windows then type sign-in options, click password , type ur password

    on client

    1. windows+r , type printer server IP or servername, input id and password
    2. after shared printer showed, right click then connect

    Every time I try to setup a shared printer for a friend I have this issue. It seems the only thing that resolves it is to setup a user account on the computer that has the printer attached that I want to print to and then on the other machine setup the printer and enter the username and password for the account I setup. The issue is I don't want to setup a new microsoft account everytime so what I have found works is to tell it your are setting up an Other User, click Add Account and then click the link that says I don't have this person's sign-in information. Then on the next screen you can click Add a user without a Microsoft account. If anyone wants specific instructions for Windows 11, Windows 10, etc just reply with the Windows version and I will be happy to post them.

    Can you post the instructions for both Win10 and Win11?

    Ive been having this issue with our office printers since last year and I dread anytime a machine gets force updated to 11. Our only solution have been to give each user affected their own printer but it is not cost-effective. Cant fathom how Microsoft hasnt addressed this problem until now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-16T12:54:04+00:00

    The solution was : on Win10 all networks section, turn on password-protected sharing.

    After turn on, the connection window pop up in Win11.![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/2555416e-05f1-4d79-b2ac-6773ae1c78d2?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T19:35:30+00:00

    The solution was : on Win10 all networks section, turn on password-protected sharing.

    After turn on, the connection window pop up in Win11.![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/2555416e-05f1-4d79-b2ac-6773ae1c78d2?platform=QnA

    I'm sure this may have worked for you, but as always, with the many mysteries of Microsoft, this did not work for me. Why? Weyl, let's see... I just got done messing around in the Services section by turning on a bunch of services and restarting my windows 10 computer. So who knows if that combination of services did something different from your services. It's always something with MS. "If it's not this, try that, not that? try this, oh well guess ya just gotta keep on guessing" Typical.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-28T21:46:13+00:00

    When I find the printer on the network and ty to connect it the error message says "Windows couldn't connect to the printer" the name and address of the computer is correct and all sharing if correct. I have had the computer and windows support access both computers and say everything is set correct and should be able to connect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T06:54:15+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments