Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-14T00:38:22+00:00

    I used to work as a tech support professional at a company where I was responsible for troubleshooting technical issues both on-site and remotely. I encountered a situation where I couldn't establish a connection to a shared printer for a user who was using Windows 11. Despite employing various troubleshooting methods on both ends, the issue persisted.

    Coincidentally, I encountered a similar problem with another user on-site who also had Windows 11 installed. This led me to believe that the problem might be related to the operating system version. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I decided to uninstall the most recent OS update, but unfortunately, the problem remained unresolved.

    I'm seeking advice on alternative methods to establish a connection between the user and the shared printer. Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T03:42:17+00:00

    hi darrel,

    i have same problem earlier, cannot shared printer on windows 11, after 2 days finding solution but nothing work, n then i try to add password to shared printer computer, n its worked

    u can try too :

    try this on shared printer(printer server )

    1. go to network and sharing center, click change advanced sharing settings,
    2. on all networks section, checklist turn on password-protected sharing
    3. press windows then type sign-in options, click password , type ur password

    on client

    1. windows+r , type printer server IP or servername, input id and password
    2. after shared printer showed, right click then connect

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T12:09:10+00:00

    My freind you are my hero....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-28T08:22:21+00:00

    I just had the same issue with a client PC, removing McAfee pre installed antivirus on the PC sharing the printer fixed the issue. This was stopping me from downloading the driver on the other PC. After removal i could properly connect and use the shared printer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T00:45:55+00:00

    hi darrel,

    i have same problem earlier, cannot shared printer on windows 11, after 2 days finding solution but nothing work, n then i try to add password to shared printer computer, n its worked

    u can try too :

    try this on shared printer(printer server )

    1. go to network and sharing center, click change advanced sharing settings,
    2. on all networks section, checklist turn on password-protected sharing
    3. press windows then type sign-in options, click password , type ur password

    on client

    1. windows+r , type printer server IP or servername, input id and password
    2. after shared printer showed, right click then connect

    Every time I try to setup a shared printer for a friend I have this issue. It seems the only thing that resolves it is to setup a user account on the computer that has the printer attached that I want to print to and then on the other machine setup the printer and enter the username and password for the account I setup. The issue is I don't want to setup a new microsoft account everytime so what I have found works is to tell it your are setting up an Other User, click Add Account and then click the link that says I don't have this person's sign-in information. Then on the next screen you can click Add a user without a Microsoft account. If anyone wants specific instructions for Windows 11, Windows 10, etc just reply with the Windows version and I will be happy to post them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments