Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Christine Luna 27,195 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T20:46:02+00:00

    Hi DarrellPBM,

    I'm Christine, a Windows user like you. I'll do my best to help you.

    Looks like you're unable to connect to a Shared Printer. Let me help you with that.

    May I know if it's a work or company printer?

    May I know when did the issue start? Is there any changes made?

    What is the exact error message that you're getting?

    Please check and follow the steps from the link below:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sha...

    Please let me know the result. I'll be happy to assist you all the way until it's resolved.

    Thank you,

    Christine L

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T21:01:26+00:00

    This is in order what I do. And the error message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Christine Luna 27,195 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T21:08:26+00:00

    Hi DarrellPBM,

    Thanks for the update.

    1. Please run the Printer Troublehooter.

    Click Start menu and type Troubleshoot, choose Other Troubleshooters and look for the Printer and please run it.

    Restart your device and check if the issue still persists.

    1. Restart the Printer Spooler service.

    Please press Windows key + R and type services.msc then hit enter

    Look for the Printer Spooler and right click on it then select Properties

    Please restart it or choose Stop and Start.

    Kindly check if the issue still persists.

    I'll wait for your update.

    Thank you,

    Christine

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T21:13:34+00:00

    Did not solve problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Christine Luna 27,195 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T21:14:02+00:00

    I apologize that the fix does not solve the issue. Let's check more options from other experts. Please wait for them to reply here.

    Thanks,

    Christine

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments