Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-05T21:19:01+00:00

    Hi , DarrellPBM.

    1. On the machine you are sharing, access the printer properties.
    2. Go to the security tab and add the group or user: everyone.
    3. Apply settings restart computer
    4. On the computer you want to connect the printer to, install the OKI driver from the link below, select connect to the network.

    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL30...

    1. For the HP printer, you will download the driver from the HP website and install it before trying to connect the HP printer.

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T14:56:46+00:00

    I have done all that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T23:53:08+00:00

    Hi , DarrellPBM.

    I am Ivan, I will help you with this.

    Share password protection enabled ?

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T21:15:18+00:00

    These 2 printers in the pictures are both connected with usb and then shared over network. Don't understand how they show on network but can not connect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Christine Luna 27,195 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T21:14:02+00:00

    I apologize that the fix does not solve the issue. Let's check more options from other experts. Please wait for them to reply here.

    Thanks,

    Christine

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments