I just had the same issue with a client PC, removing McAfee pre installed antivirus on the PC sharing the printer fixed the issue. This was stopping me from downloading the driver on the other PC. After removal i could properly connect and use the shared printer.
Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11
I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-10-28T08:22:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-10-03T12:09:10+00:00 My freind you are my hero....
-
Anonymous
2023-09-21T03:42:17+00:00 hi darrel,
i have same problem earlier, cannot shared printer on windows 11, after 2 days finding solution but nothing work, n then i try to add password to shared printer computer, n its worked
u can try too :
try this on shared printer(printer server )
- go to network and sharing center, click change advanced sharing settings,
- on all networks section, checklist turn on password-protected sharing
- press windows then type sign-in options, click password , type ur password
on client
- windows+r , type printer server IP or servername, input id and password
- after shared printer showed, right click then connect
-
Anonymous
2023-08-14T00:38:22+00:00 I used to work as a tech support professional at a company where I was responsible for troubleshooting technical issues both on-site and remotely. I encountered a situation where I couldn't establish a connection to a shared printer for a user who was using Windows 11. Despite employing various troubleshooting methods on both ends, the issue persisted.
Coincidentally, I encountered a similar problem with another user on-site who also had Windows 11 installed. This led me to believe that the problem might be related to the operating system version. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I decided to uninstall the most recent OS update, but unfortunately, the problem remained unresolved.
I'm seeking advice on alternative methods to establish a connection between the user and the shared printer. Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
-
Anonymous
2023-04-05T21:27:38+00:00 I have the same problem as Darrell on a small scale. I have an HP printer connected via USB to a desktop computer running windows 11 (home). I have a laptop running windows 10 (home). On my small home network, I can transfer files between the two computers and I can "see" the printer from the laptop, but I cannot connect to the printer from the laptop.
The printer works fine from the desktop.
The network and sharing is ok because I can transfer files over it. Printer sharing is setup as well.
I have tried changing registry values for the printer policies on both machines based on articles I've seen on-line, but nothing has fixed this issue.
I'm not very computer technicle, but I think some windows privacy settings are keeping this from working.
Any help would be greatle appreciated. I've been working on this for a couple of months now.
Thanks