I assume you were having the same problem. Here is how I solved my problem when windows said it did not recognize the printer. Go into settings then open network then Advanced Network Settings then Advanced Sharing settings then make sure the File and Printer Sharing is turned on. Do this on both computers. Then on the computer you want to connect to the host where the printers are connected go to settings open Bluetooth and Devises, open Printers and Scanners go to Add Printer, after scan cannot find printer click on Add Manually, click Shared Printer By Name then Browse and find the other computer on the network. Open that computer and select the printer on that computer to open. You may be asked to enter that computer's password. That solved my problem I had worked on for months. Let me know if you were successful. ******@comcast.net
Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11
I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-05-26T01:20:27+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-05-25T21:52:19+00:00 The computer that has the network printer attached was updated recently, and the second computer on the network can no longer connect. We uninstalled the printer on the 2nd computer and can see the networked printer but when trying to connect we get the message "Windows couldn't connect to the printer. Check the printer name and try again. If this is a network printer, make sure that the printer is turned on, and that the printer address is correct." The printer is turned on and works fine from the other computer. Both computers have been rebooted.
We are at wit's end. We would prefer not to password protect the printer. What else should we be trying?
-
Anonymous
2024-05-19T23:33:40+00:00 I was trying to connect to two 11 computers and the problem is still not solved. searching on line they say it was caused by an upgrade from Microsoft and I have tried all the solution they recommended to no avail. I am frustrated for an answer.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-19T17:11:44+00:00 It's funny when I was working 18 hours per day, I would feverishly work to find a solution to these sorts of issues. Since I was force retired due to disability and recently became retired, I found that racing around always led me around to nowhere. I found myself losing days and weeks getting absolutely nothing accomplished in my life, and for what?! To find the mystery of why Microsoft once again missed the mark of something that should be easy to do? Nah, Once again, I lost a morning or two on this subject and finally kicked myself, found some sort of rig to work and called it a day. There are just so many, too many Microsoft issues and although I will forever be a Microsoft fan to the end, it pains me to see they will just never get it together and and make things work - period. I understand in order to do this, we as individuals would give up a lot of freedoms, but perhaps they'll figure something out to make everyone happy...
-
Anonymous
2024-05-19T16:48:29+00:00 Darrell - Can't tell from all these posts whether you ever got your problem resolved. I have the same problem with a new Win11 computer not being able to connect with a printer on a Win10 computer. even more strange, I got another Win11 computer to connect.