Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T04:46:34+00:00

    Which registry?

    The one where the printer is connected or the device which try to use the shared printer

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T17:29:39+00:00

    I solved this months ago, here is what you need to add to registry:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\RPC] "RpcUseNamedPipeProtocol"=dword:00000001 "RpcProtocols"=dword:00000007 "ForceKerberosForRpc"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print] "RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled"=dword:00000000

    Thats about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T10:58:06+00:00

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been working on same problem for 3 months now.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T20:17:31+00:00

    OK. I think I did get this figured out. It is working on my wife's setup, so she is happy.

    Within the networking configuration there are a number of options relating to Network printers. The don't do the complete job.

    You need to go to the Control Panel>Devices and Printers on the Master Computer

    Page down through all the options until you come to Printers.

    RIght click on the one you want to SHARE.

    CLick Printer Properties

    Click on the Sharing tab

    Enable the Share this printer box

    IN the next box type the printer name exactly as it was on the Devices and Printers screen

    Will be somethimg like

    \BuzMachine\Lexmark E230 (MS)

    GO TO THE CLIENT COMPUTER and add the printer

    That should do it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T14:43:31+00:00

    It seems like whatever is responsible of finding network devices sometimes gets bugged

    for me, trying to add the printer as a network path by right clicking on an empty spot in "This PC" and selecting "Add network path" finally got it unstuck, and I was able to add it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments