Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-19T23:33:40+00:00

    I was trying to connect to two 11 computers and the problem is still not solved. searching on line they say it was caused by an upgrade from Microsoft and I have tried all the solution they recommended to no avail. I am frustrated for an answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-19T16:48:29+00:00

    Darrell - Can't tell from all these posts whether you ever got your problem resolved. I have the same problem with a new Win11 computer not being able to connect with a printer on a Win10 computer. even more strange, I got another Win11 computer to connect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T18:26:06+00:00

    The answer with the green check mark also fixed my issue. I had never seen this before, but I have a feeling I'll see it again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T02:52:55+00:00

    'after the above screen it requires user name and password

    but i dont have any'

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-28T08:22:21+00:00

    I just had the same issue with a client PC, removing McAfee pre installed antivirus on the PC sharing the printer fixed the issue. This was stopping me from downloading the driver on the other PC. After removal i could properly connect and use the shared printer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments