Thank you so much, worked quite well.
Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11
I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-09-16T14:19:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-24T14:27:21+00:00 Not working in shared computer
-
Anonymous
2024-05-26T18:20:56+00:00 Unfortunately, this did not work. The network settings showed File and Printer sharing as on for both computers. I tried to connect to the printer again, but it was as before. It did not ask for the password to the other computer. No joy, but thanks for your suggestions.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-26T01:20:27+00:00 I assume you were having the same problem. Here is how I solved my problem when windows said it did not recognize the printer. Go into settings then open network then Advanced Network Settings then Advanced Sharing settings then make sure the File and Printer Sharing is turned on. Do this on both computers. Then on the computer you want to connect to the host where the printers are connected go to settings open Bluetooth and Devises, open Printers and Scanners go to Add Printer, after scan cannot find printer click on Add Manually, click Shared Printer By Name then Browse and find the other computer on the network. Open that computer and select the printer on that computer to open. You may be asked to enter that computer's password. That solved my problem I had worked on for months. Let me know if you were successful. ******@comcast.net
-
Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-04-04T23:53:08+00:00 Hi , DarrellPBM.
I am Ivan, I will help you with this.
Share password protection enabled ?
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks