Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T21:01:26+00:00

    This is in order what I do. And the error message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T21:27:38+00:00

    I have the same problem as Darrell on a small scale. I have an HP printer connected via USB to a desktop computer running windows 11 (home). I have a laptop running windows 10 (home). On my small home network, I can transfer files between the two computers and I can "see" the printer from the laptop, but I cannot connect to the printer from the laptop.

    The printer works fine from the desktop.

    The network and sharing is ok because I can transfer files over it. Printer sharing is setup as well.

    I have tried changing registry values for the printer policies on both machines based on articles I've seen on-line, but nothing has fixed this issue.

    I'm not very computer technicle, but I think some windows privacy settings are keeping this from working.

    Any help would be greatle appreciated. I've been working on this for a couple of months now.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T03:42:17+00:00

    hi darrel,

    i have same problem earlier, cannot shared printer on windows 11, after 2 days finding solution but nothing work, n then i try to add password to shared printer computer, n its worked

    u can try too :

    try this on shared printer(printer server )

    1. go to network and sharing center, click change advanced sharing settings,
    2. on all networks section, checklist turn on password-protected sharing
    3. press windows then type sign-in options, click password , type ur password

    on client

    1. windows+r , type printer server IP or servername, input id and password
    2. after shared printer showed, right click then connect

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T21:15:18+00:00

    These 2 printers in the pictures are both connected with usb and then shared over network. Don't understand how they show on network but can not connect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T21:13:34+00:00

    Did not solve problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments