We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024

Anonymous
2023-05-16T13:24:47+00:00

Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error 0x80300024.'

Tried diskpart in cmd, it is showing disk 0 with 930 GB but when I do list volume, it shows 'No volumes found'

I want to compeletly format my laptop and do a fresh Windows installation. Kindly help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-18T02:31:47+00:00

    Hai Mustofa,

    I experienced the same thing, but I have a question from your video tutorial, here my output is different from yours after doing the ACTIVE command, you have 2 volumes for DVD and C but here only issued 1 volume Letter C, what is the next step to solve this problem? Because the other tutorials are all similar to your way and do not give me a solution

    Please provide solutions and guidance, thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T12:43:45+00:00

    I had the same issue. Have you disconnected all sata devices (other then the target drive) and then restarted the installation

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T18:27:09+00:00

    Alright, I got it working for Windows 11 on a gaming PC with an AMD chip. Booting from the usb, select the UEFI option or whatever it was (NOT USB), then to get passed the "Minimum requirements error" (if you get those) Follow this tutorial, it's short and easy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCkXOLRQqc. After that I selected the drive I wanted to install windows on, clicked "New" to create a new partition, and clicked next and it installed. Note, I have 3 SATA drives on my PC and did not disconnect any of them. At the time of installation I had 4 USB devices plugged in, a keyboard, mouse, boot drive and WIFI card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T14:40:59+00:00

    Hi, I think I might have a solution.

    Have you selected the correct ‘instance’ of the usb that has windows on it to load first in the boot priority queue? You can change it in the bios. I had the same problem and just made the one with a little ‘u’ boot first. The font is a bit different and you might still have to format and create a new partition, but it works. (Hopefully)

    Best of luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-11T01:07:51+00:00

    disconnecting ALL (and I do mean ALL) USB devices fixed my issue and allowed the installation to proceed.

    Were you using a CD?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments